China & Asia Travel Service is a Chinese consulate registered agent providing reliable service and support for applying travel visa to China. We will make sure your visa need is handled in in the easiest and quickest ways possible. Please follow sections below for questions and instructions on applying China visa. We are conveniently located in midtown Manhattan and you are welcome to drop by for questions or assistance on filling out the application form.
Do I need a visa for China?
All foreign citizens must apply visa to China except during any of the following circumstances:
- Citizen of Singapore, Brunei or Japan with an ordinary passport does not need visa for stay less than 15 days.
- Citizens of the following 51 countries with confirmed flight and valid visa to the third country is allowed to stay in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong Province and Chengdu without visa for up to 72 hours:
Albania, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
What is "Single" and "Double" Entry and how many entries do I need?
China visa allows “Single”, “Double” and “Multiple” Entry. Entry means the number of time you can enter mainland China during the visa’s validity period. For typical tourist traveling to and within mainland China, a single entry is sufficient. While for most countries don’t need visa for Hong Kong or Macau, if traveler decide to visit those places and return back to mainland China then additional “entry” is required.
China consulate is now issuing a standard 10-year multiple entry visa to all US passport holders.
When should I start applying?
Normally, it’s recommended to apply around 1 months before your planned departure date. If apply too late, there might not be enough time for process in case of application rejection due to insufficient documents.
For non-USA passport holders or if your US passport is expiring soon, applying too early may result the visa to become invalid before your departure. Generally, the validity of a single-entry one is 3 months, counted from the date of application.
How long is the process?
After the application has been submitted to consulate, it takes 5 working days for standard processing and 3 working days for expressed process. Please see “Visa Fees” section for more details.
Why should you use our service?
Time Saving – Each time you visit the consulate (for drop off/pickup), you could be waiting in line for hours depending on how busy it is at the time.
Money Saving – Especially for out of state applicants, our service fee will still be much less than your total travel expenses.
Worry Free – No more guessing and searching. We will provide the exact requirements and instruction to ensure a hassle-free process.
1. Fill out the official China visa application form
- Fill out the application on computer, print, and sign the last page. Hand written application or modification will be not accepted.
- Please also refer to the Sample Form for instruction.
2. Include original passport and a photocopy of the 1st page
- Passport must be valid for at least another 6 months from travel date and has enough blank page for visa.
- If there is previous China visa(s) in the same passport, provide one photocopy of the most recent visa page.
- Non-US passport holders must provide photocopy of the US Green Card, or a valid long term US visa.
- Passport holders of the following countries are required to apply in person:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo, France, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kirkistian, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Uzbek, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Nepal
3. One recent passport photo
- Do not use the same photo as in your passport unless the passport is issued in less than 6 months.
- Full face, frontal with a plain white or off-white background, 2″x 2″ in size.
- Photo printed on regular paper or photo of poor quality is not acceptable.
- Photo taken within 6 months is recommended.
4. Travel Evidence / Invitation Letter
- An invitation letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions or individuals in China. If the invitation letter is issued by an individual in China, the photocopy of the ID of the individual is required.
- Booking confirmation for round trip flight ticket to China and hotel reservation.
The invitation letter issued by companies, corporations, institutions and individuals in China shall include the following items:
- Personal information of the application: name, gender, date of birth, etc.
- Information concerning the applicant’s visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant’s accommodations in China.
- Information of the inviter: name of the unit or individual, phone number, address, and if applicable, seal and signature of the legal representative.
Invitation letter can be submitted as a photocopy. However, original invitation and/or personal interview might be requested at visa officer’s discretion.
Visa application fee: 1
|US Citizen||Non-US Citizen|
|Single Entry||$210||$80 – $130 2|
|Double/Multiple Entry||$210||$115 – $160 3|
Return Shipping fee:
|East coast 4||Other state 5|
|FedEx 2 Days||$28||$70|
- Fill out the form with computer ONLY, then print a hard copy and sign. Hand written form is not accepted.
- Hand written change or correction is not allowed.
- Fill out all fields in the application form completely. Incomplete form will be rejected.
- All filed’s are mandatory. You may use “N/A” for field that doesn’t apply.
- You may send us a saved scanned copy via e-mail for review in order to minimize processing delay.
- We are NOT responsible for delayed process caused by incompletion or other error in the form.
- Please refer to the Sample Form for more detailed instructions.